From:
Richard Blohm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 03:16:49 -0400

<< I think it must be the goldenrod and it only makes sense because I haven't
 been eating goldenrod honey.  We only fill small containers for private and
 local sales during mid-season when the best floural sorces like clover and
 alfalfa are producing.  As a concequence,  I've made myself immune to those
 pollens . >>

A doctor once told me that he tested a number of his patience who had
allergies by perscribing honey.  He said he found that it worked on spring
allergies but did not work on fall allergies because in the fall most people
are allergic to rag weed.  It has been my observation that bees do not go
onto rag weed and thus none of its pollen is in the honey.  I don't think
It's goldenrod that is causing the allergic reaction.

I would be interested to hear your results with fall honey next year.

Rich Blohm, NY