From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 07:30:56 -0600
On Tue, 1 Aug 1995, Frederick Chase wrote:

> Now I have a new question:  today I took off another super of these
> comb honey containers and my sampling of it seemed to indicate
> that the honey was not "ripe" yet even though it was capped over.   Is that
> possible?

Why do you think it is not ripe?  What do you mean by ripe?  I've never
found any capped comb that is not best eaten right away.  In fact it is
quite enjoyable when you come across it in the hive uncapped and snack on
it :)

> If it is not yet ready for eating I suppose I should not store it in
> my freezer, should I?

Again, why not?  Freezing suspends all processes - ageing, granulating,
maturing.  It is the best way to extend the life of comb honey.

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka