From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:28:58 -0500
On 16 Feb 98 at 18:45, George W Imirie wrote:

> any of the 12 months of the year.  If she was  new queen after June,
> she probably was poorly raised as a supercedure result and maybe
> poorly bred.

I would like to question this statement. Where and on what basis is
this statement founded.
        Our season doesn't start till the 3rd week of May! Does this mean
everything we do after that date is a waste of time. We raise queens
right up to the first week in Sept and they are succesful.
        Sorry, this is way out in left field, an old wives tale with no
basis in modern beekeeping.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Dr, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, L3V 6H1
Phone/fax  705-326-7171