From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:04:06 -0700

> >You can move your bees out of harms way or listen to those which
> preach keeping bees around corn not a  problem.

Bob, I don't understand why you appear to see things in only black or white!

I don't know that anyone thinks that keeping bees around corn is not a
problem.  Obviously, if 90% of the acreage is in corn, especially with
"clean farmed" corn, that means that there will be little nutrition in
either nectar or pollen for bees most of the year, and the pollen from corn
with be nutritionally inadequate.

Add to that the level of pesticide exposure, and bees in monoculture is a
rough go.

If you look at the rate of colony mortality by state for the past few
years, you will see that the highest mortalities correlate with those
states that have the highest percentage of land area planted in corn and
soy.

What some have had objection to is your single minded blame of all bee
problems upon the systemic pesticides, not with with bees having problems
in monoculture of corn in general.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA