From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 18:56:09 -0400
> I would challenge anyone to come here and make nucs and expect to rear a honey crop in the same season.
> Ditto where I live

My first mentor told me that any beekeeper can do well in a good area, whereas even an expert will do poorly in a poor area. In our area, you can split hives into 5 or 6 in May and they will all be producers for the main honey flow in July. Then there is another main flow in late Aug-Sept. Part of the reason this works is because colonies split in May are on par with swarms, which are hell bent on building themselves back to full strength by mid summer.

PLB