From:
Robt Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:54:51 +1200
Tom Barrett of Ireland wrote:
>'Control of Varroa, A Guide for new
>Zealand Beekeepers' ... is a brilliant source of info on all kinds of varroa
>treatments.

        Quite a few disagree.
        Apart from its staggering sluggishness in production  -  consistent
with all other official behaviour regarding what should have been viewed as
a national emergency  -  it is admitted to contain only what was available
on the internet.  Contrary to what some cyberfanatics wish to believe, that
does not give you the whole of accumulated knowledge!
        I am surprised anyone could say it is a source, let alone a
brilliant one, on "all kinds" of varroa control.  Several promising
approaches are not given decent coverage.

>  There is an appendix in the book on 'Varroa Chemical resistance
>test'.  I would like to post this on the Federation of Irish Beekeeping
>Associations website as a spreadsheet to remove the mathematics, and I am
>wondering if anybody can give me an e mail contact where I can seek
>permission to do this.
>
>I can find no e mail address in the book and snail mail to New Zealand would
>take some time.

        A few days, usually; far longer delay is likely among the
bureaucrats who then try to work out how they might get money from your
request.
        I'd say just go right ahead  -  thus forcing them to help
beekeepers as fast as possible (for the first time).  I don't foresee any
trouble as a result.  Whatever this book is worth, make the most of it.