From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:27:23 -0500
George Williams wrote:

>Incidentally, in one of the responses I received the quality of my
inspector was  and experience questioned.  Our Florida inspectors are  well
respected and trained. Under-manned as they are do an excellent service.

George,
I am sorry but you misunderstood what I said. I will repeat it, though:

> It was not my intention to criticize you in any way. I was referring to
what your "inspector" told you, which I thought was uninformed advice. It
was about the quality of the information.

You see, I NEVER said anything about the inspector, but I suggested that his
advice was wrong. I don't think taking a couple hundred bees from a hive
will hurt it. I can give up a pint of blood, that's almost ten percent. A
few hundred bees might be 1 or 2 percent, depending on the strength of the
hive.

I make a concerted effort to NOT criticize beekeepers, but to focus on the
information. I think everyone is better off with better information.
Especially if we put it to work.

pb