From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:10:32 -0500
On 15 Jan 97 at 22:32, Glyn Davies wrote: Re: Best of Bee-L

> At 01:28 14/01/97 -0600,Phil Veldhuis wrote:
> >The new list should answer the concerns I expressed recently on this
> >list; and the concerns of most of the people who responded privately to
> >that post.
> >
> >Thank you "we" (Allen and Co.) for taking the initiative here.

> I agree and add my thanks to " we" also.  Although originally a "line
> splitter"  the reasons against were well presented and convinced me to
> change my mind.  I was still worried however that two years on and with
> increased membership the daily mail, although interesting and important,
> would leave no time for handling bees and maintaining their records. The new
> list seems to be good solution to a problem that seemed inevitable.

I think you are wrong. Two obvious errors on examination of the proposal
to produce a second list.
        Firstly. To subscribe to Bestofbee means to give up the right to reply as
there will be no postings made. All it will be is a condensed version of
Bee-L.
        Secondly. To post to Bestofbee means you have to subscribe to Bee-L, which means
you now will receive two mailing lists.
        The whole thing is futile waste of time!!!

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive Unit 2, Orillia,
Ontario, Canada. L3V 6H1
David Eyre, Owner. Phone/Fax 705 326 7171
Agents for E.H.Thorne & B.J.Sherriff UK
http://www.muskoka.net/~beeworks