From:
"Michael J. Wolf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 23:44:57 +0100
I sent out a post the other day, but no replies, so maybe it got lost...

Reiterating, I had a colony in town which was doing fine through September,
when the bees began to crash into the house windows at night, about 40 feet
from the hive.  They seemed to be going for the incandescent light, and
would buzz around the windows on the south side of the house (the side
closest to the hive) from twilight into the hours of midnight and beyond.
In the morning, there were piles of +- 100 dead bees below each window.

This went on for +- 10 days, and by that time, the colony was on a serious
decline to the point of failure by November.

First, has anyone gotten this post, and second, has anyone seen behavior
like this?  What might have been the cause?

Mike Wolf