From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:40:51 -0500
Greetings

This weekend I visited with Jim Fisher's NY City beekeeping group. I
had a great time, met lots of new people whose enthusiasm for the
world of honey bees was evident. One person mentioned to me that he
enjoyed reading Bee-L but at times it got bogged down in esoterica. If
anyone doesn't know what THAT is, -- well, that's the problem. My New
Year's resolution is to try to keep to more popular topics and to
encourage beginners and the chronically inquisitive to ask questions.

To me the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. I have been
insulted by the best of them by asking "stupid" questions and I say,
keep going forward! To stop learning is to stop living.  If anyone has
a burning question that they don't want their name attached to, feel
free to mail it directly to me and we'll get you an answer. I may post
the answer but anonymity will be assured.

It's not that I am presenting myself as a know it all, but I do know
how to find out and I have a lot of friends in the bee world. Finally,
I would like to one more time plug the Bee-L Archives, which are now
almost 20 years old. They are a treasury of information, easily
searchable, and full of my previous blunders. I have probably changed
my mind on every topic we have ever discussed here; at least twice.

I hope to see some of you this year at SABA and EAS

--
Peter L Borst
Danby, NY  USA