From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 13:08:46 -0600
Bob Harrison mentioned:

Both OA & formic could be causing the M. tubules problems I have been
told.
The industry has shifted to those products. I am NOT saying those products
are the source on the M. tubules problems but only sharing what I have
been
told.
Something is damaging the malpighian tubules ( bees kidneys). Damaged M.
tubules was found in most CCD bee samples.

Bob:

I will be interested to get a copy of any published information to show
oxalic acid and formic acid damaging the Malpighian tubules. Does this
information indicate beekeepers who used oxalic acid and formic acid have
bees suffered from CCD? I know beekeepers who have high losses in the USA
and they say that is "CCD". These beekeepers have never used formic acid
or oxalic acid.

It would be nice to back some of these statements with some preliminary
research results.

Medhat

Medhat Nasr, Ph. D.
Provincial Apiculturist