From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:15:01 -0500
John, have you tried high fructose corn syrup? I've fed it for years now
and they do quite well on it in northern Vermont. Have to use enzyme
produced hfcs. Your local soda-pop bottler can probably sell you some -
especially with a case of honey for the crew. It weighs 11.55 lbs/gal.,
which is thicker than you can make syrup. Use 55% syrup, so it won't
crystalize so fast. We usually buy it by the tanker truck, and split the
load between several beekeepers. After 10 years, if there was a problem, I
would have heard, yes?

Mike