From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 07:41:25 -0400
Lionel Evans wrote:
> You are wrong about junk science and friendly juries.
> Asbestos causes cancer. Tell those who have lost loved ones from
> mesothelioma.
My point was and is that it is extremely rare, not that it does not
exist. As someone who currently has no detectable cancer, I have nothing
but sympathy for anyone who has to go through that valley. Mine is not
that rare.

The lawsuits and awards were more because of smoking than asbestos even
though asbestos was blamed by juries. That was and is junk science.

As I noted, there are a lot of things that we inhale that cause
problems, just smoking moves them from rare to common.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine