Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 09:52:21 EST
According to Frank Humphrey:

es
> I found that some are not only rearing brood but actually have drones in
> the hive.  These are not the small drones from a drone laying queen but
> very large normal drones. .
> Frank & Phronsie Humphrey

Hello -

In my previous post from Virginia about finding brood I didn't
mention that I, too, found a few perfectly normal drones in the
hives.

I have been feeding 2/1 sugar syrup thru gallon jars in empty
supers on top of the hive.  Would this incoming nutrient source
influence brood rearing?  I'll need to continue this feeding in
several hives -- what about it?

Happy New Year  (mite-free) to all!

Regards,

Fred