From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 05:51:38 -0700
>Likewise, Valent USA, the manufacturer of the neonic does not think

> the 6 month ban is necessary and justified given the information
> available:

It appears that Valent is indeed acting responsibly.  However, I think that
the 6-month ban is appropriate action for the State to take, as would be
enforcement action against the applicator.

My reasoning is that if the state allowed the incident to slip under the
carpet, that would send a strong message to registrants and applicators
that the State would allow transgressions of pesticide law.  A 180-day ban
is not going to put any company out of business, but it sure sends a strong
message for the registrants and applicators to follow the law and apply
pesticides exactly per label instructions.

I say bravo to the State of Oregon!

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA