From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:52:23 -0400
> Aren't we in danger of reviving medieval witchcraft?  Bee venom is the same as rattle snake venom  I have been told.  Why should small doses be beneficial?

This is no voodoo revival, the use of bee venom has been well documented. Bodog Beck and Charlie Mraz were its eager advocates. I was just fishing for recent testimonials. Personally, I think it is beneficial but I wouldn't administer it to anyone I didn't know pretty well

quote
In 1935 there was published in New York, a book by Dr. Bodog
F. Beck entitled "Bee Venom Therapy." In this work Doctor
Beck reviews the use of bee venom therapy, with case records,
relative to the use of injectable bee venom in cases of muscular
rheumatism, neuritis, neuralgia, acute rheumatic fever, acute and
chronic arthritis, etc., and also call attention to the research work
still needed and to the variability of the injectable bee venom on
the market when his book was written. Doctor Beck's work con-
tains much historical matter such as the use of bees as medicine
by the Celtic, Teutonic and Gallic races.