From:
"Carl H. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 13:23:34 -0500
-=> Quoting Int:[log in to unmask] to Watchman <=-

 In> I would appreciate some input on this problem.  A friend of mine,
 In> new to beekeeping, has experienced quite a bit of itching when stung.
 In> The last time, though, she could not remove the sting quickly and broke
 In> out in hives in parts of the body removed from the sting site.

 In> Justin Schmidt's treatment of allergic reactions to stings in THE
 In> HIVE AND THE HONEY BEE indicated that such a reaction is not
 In> life-threatening. On the other hand, losing sleep all night can be
 In> quite disconcerting.
 In> My question:   Have any of you had such an experience?  If so, did
 In> your body chemistry adapt and allow you to continue to receive stings
 In> without adverse effect?
 <<<<<clip>>>>>

 In> Adrian M. Wenner                         (805) 893-2838 (UCSB office)
<<<<< signature compressed >>>>>

Adrian,
I would have replied personal e-mail but I have lost/misplaced your address.
I don't have it at hand but Pat Wagner(?) "The Bee Lady" from Maryland was
at ABF/Norfolk and gave a procedure description for desensitizing to bee
stings in her forum on Apitherapy. I will look the information for her point
of contact up for you (as soon as I finish sorting this stuff from the
convention) and post it to you. Could you send me your e-mail again? If there
is any general interest from the List I will post her information directly
here. Her book on Apitherapy is now ready from her, I think it is $27.00 a
copy.

Carl Powell

... System Error: Reality.Sys not Found: Abort Universe? <Y/N>

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20