Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:03:31 -0500
>> "The available results show that a systemic effect of oxalic acid to the
>> beekeeper is not to be expected regarding both procedures. This is true
>> without special preventive measures, e.g. carrying of a protective mask.

>Please read this sentence in its context

Actually I did, and that statement stands on its own.  The paper  discussed,
s far as I could tell, two treatments, one where the beekeeper is spraying
OA solution  into  the air and all over the place and one where the OA was
being vapourized in a closed hive.

In neither case was there reason to fear an exposure sufficient  to cause
concern.

> and keep account of the subsequent section: Recommended preventive
> measures!

That is the usual ass-covering BS that civil servants have to append to
everything so they don't lose  their chance at a  pension.

>See also Peter Borst' recommendation.

See above comments about civil servants :)

Seriously, that is all good info and IF you plan to break the rules, it is best
to know what they are and why they were written.