From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 07:33:09 -0600
> Could anyone tell Me what has happened to the Sci.Agr.Beekeeping list? I
> have sent several posts to it with no response or messages,and the page
> is completely blank...

A solution is below, but first some background...

Your ISP determines the amount and speed of news you receive and send.  If
the group you read is not as popular as some others (*.erotica.*?), your
ISP (MSN?) may have it very low in its priorities and it may only be
updated when the other groups have been serviced -- which can mean seldom
or never.  This is the case lately for sci.ag.bee on my ISP and I am
wrestling with them about it.

This is the main problem of USENET compared to mailing lists like BEE-L.
Reliability varies over time and distance on USENET, but mailing lists use
email which is over 95% reliable.   Sci.ag.bee is a USENET group and is
not located in any one place, but distributed over the net. Try
http://www.dejanews.com/help/dnusenet_help.html
which is a good place to learn more about USENET.

Anyhow there is a way around the problems with USENET: you *can* read
sci.ag.bee on the *web* any time you want by aiming your browser at
http://www.dejanews.com/forms/rn.html

I quote them:  "Articles don't expire on Deja News. Ever. We keep them
until the end of time so that old does not necessarily mean forgotten:
after their tenure as live Usenet news, articles make their sinuous,
bandwidthy way to Deja News..."

We have to assume they have a full feed.

Allen

PS:  You can also post from DejaNews