From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 03:54:25 -0400
The point in the 'discussion' section on the link about moths on windscreens echoes my experience earlier this year when I was in a bus travelling from Normandy, along the northern part of France to the Channel tunnel at Calais, thence north to East Anglia.  In the early part of the journey where the agriculture was dominated by small fields and orchards the bus driver had to clean the windscreen half way as it was almost opaque with insect strikes.  The second half of France, where the agriculture was more arable, there were many fewer strikes but still the driver gave the windscreen another wipe when we reached England.  We drove about 100 miles northwards to Cambridge and when we stopped there was no need for any further windscren cleaning.

Chris
=