From:
david quesada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 12:41:59 +0200
>I find my per hive honey yield is influenced more by environmental factors

About this statemt, and from the point of view of GENETICS, an
"environmental factor" is everything but genes, and it has nothing to
do with climate (but "climate" can be an "environmental factor" too)

For example, if you are breeding and selecting for "honey crop", you
must differentiate what is due to genes and what is due to
"environmental factors" (and not due to genes), and these factors are:
hive management, climate, food resources, bee diseases, etc.

"Honey production" is a clear example of a trait highly influenced  by
" environmental factors"

P. David Quesada
Honey Pathology Lab
Extremadura, Spain