From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:19:39 -0400
Hello All,
Due to the fact i received a huge amount of direct email supporting my
displeasure with Dr. Ericksons :
breeding for this sort of tolerance of varroa mites is a reality.

I am going to ask the Tucson bee lab a question so we can all hear their
response.

FACT: In mid April those varroa resistant hives Dr. Erickson is talking
about had strips for varroa mites in.

FACT: In mid April those trachael mite resistant hives had paddies for
trachael mites.

Last week on Bee-L we talked about if testing for a varroa resistant strain
of bees should be done in a country where varroa wasn't present. I wonder
how many of bee-l beekeepers would put a lot of faith in results from hives
using strips and paddies.

To Tucson bee lab: You know i speak the truth and can prove it. To save face
only tell us why you feel those paddies and strips are neccessary to proving
your theory. I know you are not in the honey  crop business so the only
reason i can see is for survival of the colony.

NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK UP!
Bob Harrison U.S.A.