From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 1995 20:58:00 GMT
 <>From: ibra <[log in to unmask]>
 <>Date:         Thu, 18 May 1995 19:04:29 GMT
 <>Subject:      Re: Varroa Treatments

I<>Andy Nachbaur said recently:
 <>> maybe we are suffering from the lack of communication between
 <>> beekeepers. I would like to hear more on what is going on with varroa
 <>> in Eastern Europe, and South America, as to losses, and treatments or
 <>> no treatments.

I<>It's available from ibra ([log in to unmask]) for 26 dollars including
 <>postage.

I<>In general the approach has been towards widespread use of chemicals, though
 <>the Czech Republic has an interesting story to tell about the benefits of
 <>organized control measures.

I<>Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

   Thats all well and good, but I am more interested in hearing
what beekeeper's have to say first hand and not what other's are
reporting, but I will read the official reports also. I find that
much of the so called (BS), bee science, reports appear designed to
generate interest in funding for next year's study and report, then
offering candid first hand observations. And in some cases they appear
to be more part of the chemical industry research, and more valuable to
the same industry, then part of the beekeeping industry.

  In BS it is alway's "the sky is falling", but we have a silver bullet
in the back room that with just a little more time and some big buck's
will solve all your problems.

   Often I wonder if there is anybody in the bee industry that can
offer his hand out in brother hood and not just to get into my
pockets.
                        ttul Andy-
                        Los Banos, CA

BTW If you have an ascii text file on the IBRA, and or price lists
    of publication you have for sale I would be happy to ad them
    to the Wild Bee's BBS beekeeping internet e-mail auto FAQ system.