Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:53:15 -0700
Chuck wrote:

Re: spring feeding using gallon ziplock bags

> I haven't seen any discussion of it here or in
> sci.agriculture.beekeeping for several years. Is it still a recommended
> method, or did I miss someone's post which debunked the whole idea?

I've used the baggie method for short term feeding - 3-4 feedings - and
it works just fine. The bags are one time use, so an extended feeding
period ups the cost and generates trash. Recently I started using
feeders that replace a frame in the brood box and have found them to be
much better than baggie feeders for longer term feeding. They also allow
more bees to have access to the syrup at the same time than the inverted
jug/bucket method.

AL