Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 09:41:53 -0400
> Why do you kill an aggressive colony - and in such a cruel way?  Surely,
> all you need to do is to requeen the colony with a less aggressive or
> defensive queen.  I am stunned.

My guess is from the location, which is LA and the fact of aggression which
leads to the supposition of AHB and that someone wants to get rid of the
problem.

Add the fun of finding the queen in an AHB colony, the fact that you will
still have AHB in the hive until they are replaced, and the euthanasia also
gets rid of AHB drones, and I would applaud Ruth's common sense and
rational thought. Especially if I was in the neighborhood of those
colonies. My response to just requeening which allows the bad actors to be
around for more than a month more would not elicit any endearing emotions
toward Ruth.

Ruth did everything right in that people were first and the bees second.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine