From:
"Mark W. Baird" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:56:18 -0500
I am an amateur beekeeper near Albany, NY.  Last year, my single hive was
empty when I went to wrap it for the winter.  There were no signs of bees,
hence I don't think there was any disease.

My question are related to cleaning things up to get ready for this year (I
have ordered my nuc).  I have mostly Pierco frames, which have worked
fine.  Is there anything more I can or should do to clean them in
preparation for my new bees other than scraping the leftover comb off?  Am
I being anal by wanting them to be super clean?  There is dark residue left
over on the frames, and I am wondering just how picky the bees will be.

Thank you in advance.

Mark Baird
Scotia, NY