From:
"Susan L. Nielsen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 00:34:02 -0700
We, too, just got back from a showing.

>It was as good or better than I expected

IMHO, it was terrific. It was beautifully filmed, beautifully
cast, without a false note anywhere. If Fonda does not get an
Oscar nomination for this, I will be amazed and disappointed.

>Peter Fonda was a convincing beekeeper and the beekeeping scenes were very
>authentic.

Not only that, he did at least some of his own stunts: held a
frame of bees up for inspection, bare-handed.

>I tend to like films with rich, sympathetic camera work and lots of
>visual detail, and this film did not leave me disappointed.

The sight of the honey coming out of the extractor was enough to
bring tears to the eyes.

The properties manager deserves a nominaton, too. Those frames in
the extractor were real, old, black combs. You could almost smell
them, there in the movie house.

We could not think of another film that features bee-keeping or
bee-anything except horror films. This is wonderful. See it.
See it. See it.

Susan Nielsen                   | Beehive: If you build it,
[log in to unmask]            | they will comb.