From:
Ron Teitelbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:00:11 -0400
My wife had a reaction similar to David's.  She was stung on the head from a
bee that came through the veil.  She got short of breath turned bright red,
like a sunburn, which slowly changed to a full body rash and the ended up
with a whopper of a headache.  Her breathing was ok after a rest and there
was no throat restriction so we waited it out.  She was fine in a day which
was much better then normal stings, and local swelling was at a min
(suggesting that the venom was quickly spirited off to all parts of her
body).  Her next sting on the hand was pretty typical (catcher's mitt
sting).

Ron

> In fact I have been trying to figure out, excepting for perhaps ankles
and wrists, where an artery lies under thin enough skin to get an intra-
artery dose of bee venom.