From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 22:14:32 -0500
Hi Allen
>Do the Russians use similar mechanisms to deal with
> varroa.

We still do not know the re stance mechanisms Russian use but I
speculate it is the brood break that happens when resources get tight

>I understand that the Russian stock has changed somewhat.

We are trying to improve the stock as all beekeepers try to do. IT TAKES
TIME to select for the things you want without loosing what you have in
resistance.

I suspect this beekeepers survival was the large number of swarms in
this beekeepers bait boxes.

>Do you happen to know how they graded?
No I co not know but he guarantees 5 frames most times he grades much
higher.

Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper
(337) 298 6261