From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2018 11:41:13 -0400
It is quite common for late season supercedures to be poorly mated or not mated at all and to come out of winter as drone layers. I have also never seen one confine her laying to drone cells only but as a far stretch maybe the workers are removing the eggs or larva in worker cells ??? At any rate if you want to watch her as an scientific experiment I wold remove her to a small nuc and requeen the parent hive if it is big enough to save. I have never seen a drone layer recover he "mo-jo" and often colonies are reluctant to supercede a drone layer, especially if they have fresh viable brood. They may not  see a problem and the longer they go without a viable queen the harder it becomes to introduce a new one. My take for what it's worth.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA