From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2016 10:03:45 -0400
Hi all
A few years back I posed the question as to why better bees are not bred and distributed to Dr. Ben Oldroyd. He said that the expense required would not be recovered, because the price of the queens would be too high. You hit the law of diminishing returns. Would a $50 queen pay you back in increased survival, increased honey production, or whatnot? Or does it make more sense to simply have twice as many hives (with cheap queens) and reach your goals that way? If the goal is treatment-free bees at any cost, I am sure that's doable. Just empty your wallet.

PLB