From:
Bruce Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 09:26:06 -0700
If somebody has an idea, please let me know..

About 1 month ago I split an hive.  The un-queened hive was left without
a queen for about 5 days.  I did have some brood in the hive.  I then
re-queened the hive.

After about 9 days, early in the morning, I looked into the hive and
found that the queen had not yet been released.  I then manually
released her. It did not appear the they were aggressive towards her.
About (3) weeks later, when I open the hive I found that the queen had
stated laying.  There was a lot of new brood.  Aslo at this time, I
notice several earwigs in the hive.  I tried to remove as many as I
could.

Yesterday, about 11days, later When I was in my bee yard with 5 other
hives, I noticed no activity.  Upon inspection I found ALL bees gone.
There was still brood in the hive and a few new bees were emeging.  I
really do not have any idea what could have made them leave.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Bruce Hamilton