From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2018 20:35:00 +1000

> >How can you tell the difference between swarm and supersedure cells?

> Supercedure cells are
> most often up on the brood field and pulled from worker cells.

Ah, not so.  Supersedure and swarm cells are "deliberate" cells, as opposed
to emergency or queenless cells which are pulled from worker cells.  However
sometimes these are hard to tell when they are drawn on cells that are on
the edge of the comb.

> Usually there will be fewer

True but the cell is still a deliberate cell as is a swarm cell.  In any
case it is a value judgement on the part of the beekeeper as to which they
are.  Normally one would assume supersedure if the hive was not as
prosperous as it should be compared to others, and perhaps if conditions are
not as one would expect swarming to be occurring.

However we often find any cell no matter what initiated it, may lead to
swarming if conditions are appropriate.

Geoff Manning