Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:45:18 -0400
A teacher at a local middle school that is based on the outward bound
principles of expeditionary learning wants to do an expedition with his
students about bees and the dangers they face with CCD and other issues
(disease, mites, etc.)

His request is below.  If anyone thinks that they have the bandwidth or
resources to help please let me know.

>>Thanks for getting back to me. I have talked to a few bee keepers in
>>Massachusetts who have said the same thing, that CCD is not a problem
>>in this geographical location. Do you know of any problems for bee keepers
>>in this area that they may encounter? We are also looking for possible
>>fieldwork sites in the area as well. Part of the book will have background
>>knowledge of bees section. If we could obtain some of this information
>>in the field, that would be great.  Could you let me know of any experts
>>that I may contact? Do you have any fieldwork ideas? We have
>>preliminary ideas of bringing in an expert bee panel who may talk
>>about the problems the Massachusetts bee keeper may face. I will
>>keep in touch with where we are at and questions I have.

The school is in Framingham, MA.

Thank you...

--glen