From:
Gary Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:42:54 -0400
I'll try it again.  Pictures are in reverse order.
  The screened box was made first, then the Vac box, the screened box can
fit over or under a standard 10 frame box.  The vac is a 1.5hp shop vac.
clearence is approx 3/4" on the sides and back with approx 1/8" in front
(just big enough to fit a hive tool in to close the "door", the bottom
slides all the way out, I then use duct tape to seal the gap.
     The Blower is a leaf blower and is rated at 200mph at the tip with
400cfm, the bushing can be gotten at a plumbing store or a hardware store.
When using the blower I tend to blow from the bottom up at about 15 Degree
angle then from the top down, at the same angle, blowing the bees up and
away (really disorients them) with 50 supers in my honey room after using
this I only wound up with about 50 bees flying around.

[IMG]
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/SilverFox53/BeeVacumandBlower010.jpg
[/IMG]
[IMG]