Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:24:03 GMT
>I think supercedure is a LOT more common and regular an occurance
than people realize.

I've been raising my own queens and I don't see frequent supercedure
of YOUNG queens.  Bees don't go through supercedure for the heck of
it.  The queen must be failing to warrant supercedure.

When I used to buy queens from Strachan, I'd often see supercedure.
When I asked them about treatments over the phone, they said they
were using Coumaphos.  If it's not chems alone then perhaps the trip
stress makes the queens less than perfect?

A fellow beekeeper with 42 hives in several locations has been
alternating bet. Apistan and Coumaphos for the past few years.  He
told last week all his hives have shot gun brood patterns.  I advised
him to change his wax.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY