From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:52:17 -0000
Waldemar asked:

> Does anybody know if sugar water has a scent?  Bees have little
> problem informing other bees about its location during bee-lining,
> open feeding etc.

I can smell it.  Just put some sugar water and plain water in a couple of
containers and sniff!

Best wishes

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/

Guidelines for BEE-L Submissions
1.  Do not include excessive quotes of previous submissions.   If you must quote previous postings, include only what is necessary to make your point.   Submissions that include the entirety of previous posts may be rejected without comment or notice.

Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm