Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:23:10 GMT
>>Therefore, I don't know if complete broodlessness is critical.

I don't mind a patch of two of sealed brood when I trickle.  OA acts
for a few weeks (I am thinking at least 3 weeks) and the last sealed
brood will emerge in a few days.  My criterion is no eggs and no open
brood.

>>My money is on a medly of low-kill mechanisms to keep
the mites from evolving resistance to any.

And I want to have the bees exposed to some mites and viruses they
vector as this helps weed out the weaker colonies.  Ironically, this
is an unintended benefit of varroa.

Waldemar