From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 16:25:35 -0500
>  Your lack of use of Fumidil is similar to mine although in my case
>probably only twenty years have elapsed, the bees that were susceptible
>to Nosema having been eliminated.

I can only agree Dave. I have never used Fumidil. After I quit buying bees
from southern climates, and all the susceptible bees died off, I never
really had a problem. I imaging there is Nosema in my bees to some extent.
I usually have a few that die in the winter...all poopy. Hardly a reason to
go out and give every colony a gallon or two of medicated syrup. The
dysentery could also be caused by the length of time my bees have to go
some years between cleansing flights. I've seen it be 5 months. Even in
those years, when the losses are higher than usual, there is a silver
lining. Colonies that can be marked as possible breeders come shining through.
Mike