From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:08:05 EDT
I will affirm that many organic beekeepers have lost colonies with ccd
symptoms.  One of the first cases was from a NE organic beekeeper, and I've  many
more in our databases, with an increase in the 2nd year of this  disorder.
However, I am not going to say "WHO".  If we divulge names,  we've compromised
confidentiality.  Only way we get most beekeepers to  cooperate, answer
questions about what chemicals they do or do not use,  what the true level of loss was
is to protect their information.

No one wants to be known as the source of CCD, a threat to a neighbor, or
take a financial loss because he/she can't sell queens, packages, or rent
colonies to customers who want good/healthy bees.

I start giving out names, many beekeepers will stop cooperating.  We  view
these results like medical records - the individual in entitled to  privacy.

Jerry

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.