From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 20:41:52 +0800
Randy said:-
"Dr Barbara Locke did her recent thesis on the subject, studying Bond
survivor
populations in Sweden and France.  The main mechanisms of resistance were
not grooming or VSH, which are commonly proposed as things that we should
select for."

Randy, I tried to access her report to the 2011 Apimondia congress, but had
problems with the site.
Presumably others have had the same problems.
Could you summarise her findings for me/us?
These resistance mechanisms sound very interesting.

PeterD
In Western Australia, where it has been confirmed that our summer has been
the hottest on record.
It's official. This was the hottest summer in Australian history.1 January
was the hottest month. January 7 was the hottest day.

Here's today's report from Australia's top climate scientists2 by the
numbers:

  a.. 123 extreme weather records broken;

  b.. 40.3 degrees average temperature across Australia on Jan 7;

  c.. 70% of Australia experienced extreme temperatures during this summer's
heatwave;

  d.. 7 days in a row over 39 degrees across Australia (average maximum
temperature);

  e.. AND heatwaves, floods, tropical cyclones, tornadoes, and bushfires
across Australia.
1 Australian Bureau of Meteorology, "Seasonal Climate Summary for
Australia", Friday, 1 March, 2013.
2 The Climate Commission, "Angry Summer", Monday, 4 March, 2013.

So it wasn't just me having a hot flush!!!
Small consolation though.