From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:09:18 -0600
I wonder whether it is valid for those of us with varroa and its associated
problems, together with a completely different climate, to make any
comparisons with the Australian experience.

While its possible for a Compound event,  in this case Varro and noenics to
present a problem.  Doubting the veracity of the study itself is just
playing to the other side.

While wanting to say its not the same,  you first off miss the big picture
of the study,  which is that neonics themselves are not causing problems,
AND the options are much worse.
Secondly,  you still miss the issues that are huge problems,  namely Varro
and PPB.

We have a whole new generation of hobbist beekeepers,  who lose hives and
then have to blame something besides themselves.
This is and will be a huge issue.  As professionals,  I would hope we could
look past the finger pointing.

The study is a big picture and decent piece of data.  Take it for its value.
And that Value is huge.

Charles