From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:30:35 -0500
> I have had success with bee stings on myself for a ripped rotator cuff, it
> took about 9 months for it to become pain free.

I think there is a sound medical reason for your improvement Karen (other
than the bee stings). I have had a couple shoulder surgeries One rotator
cuff
destroyed so bad I could only lift my hand a few inches My woman doctor said
the repair was going to be a challenge with months of therapy (which was
true).
I spent quite a bit of time speaking with my surgeon. therapists and others
with a similar injury so feel qualified to speak on the subject.

To sum up I was told that in my case even with the surgery the road to full
use would be slow (I still did not have full use of my arm after months of
therapy but kept up the exercises and now have full use of the arm although
the surgery left my arm sort of deformed).

What I learned Karen was that if a rotator cuff is torn but some use is had
and pain the body over time will start to use other muscles to move the arm
eliminating the torn rotator cuff which is the source of the pain.
6-9 months was the time frame given. I am a believer in apitherapy  and
perhaps the stings helped but your time frame to pain free and use of the
arm goes along with what my doctors and therapists told me.

bob