From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2013 23:04:39 -0400
> If a brood-nest's limited capacity is relieved of the need to maintain
sealed brood, then the available space would likely be rapidly filled w/
open brood.
> If  incubated emerged bees are added, (when again removing sealed brood)
colony buildup should be rapidly accelerated.

The only problem is that many (most?) frames with sealed brood will also
have open brood, and incubation would kill the open brood.  I can't imagine
a 4-lb package being able to thermo-regulate enough brood to give you many
full frames of sealed brood until after several brood cycles after queen
release and also after the cold nights are over.

It might be easier to just use NWC queens.  They are very quick to build up
in spring, and make good use of feed and protein supplements in early
spring.