Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:03:08 GMT
Hi all,

Still recovering from our conference...we bring the last of our guests to the airport today, and back to work selling honey tomorrow.

We took Erik Osterlund, his wife Gunvi, Kerstin Ebbersten and Chris Baldwin to see some of our bees in Portland.  The whole yard had chalkbrood....more than I would like to see, but new virgins had been introduced to all colonies almost exactly 3 weeks previous, so we will look at things once the brood turns over.

In one rather weak nuc, we found a slug eating (it appears to be more than licking) a chalkbrood mummy on the bottom board.

We are now offering breeder "chalkbrood-eating slugs" for $400...make checks payable to cash :)

I figure this isn't a treatment, as the slug found its own way in :)

In any case, photo and video here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Dean.Ramona/MainePollinatorsAndChalkbroodEatingSlug#5633910208795296370

http://vimeo.com/27003569

deknow