From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:05:40 -0700
BEE-L is a moderated discussion list with published standards & guidelines.

Anyone and everyone with interest in bees is welcome to join.  We do,
however, have rules that everyone who wishes to post messages to the list
must observe.  In particular, DO NOT INCLUDE QUOTES OF PREVIOUS
ARTICLES WHEN REPLYING.  Contributions including quotes that are not
absolutely necessary to understanding will usually be rejected *without
notice*.

Our FAQ is our archive of posts running back more than a decade.  Every post
that makes the list (and well over 90% do) goes into these archives and can
be easily found by a search at any time now or in the future.  We are very
pleased at the high quality and wide variety of input from members all over
the world.

In a sense, we are writing a book together.  The BEE-L archive search engine
is much more powerful and flexible than most on the web.  Please take time
to read the help page and experiment a bit.  You will be well rewarded for
your time.

We would like to point out to new members (and remind long-time members)
that all our rules, including the sign-on messages and access to our FAQ can
be found in one easy-to-use page at http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L.

The page also provides links to enable you to easily and quickly change,
suspend, or cancel immediately your BEE-L membership.

IMPORTANT: Please visit http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L periodically
to review our guidelines and especially before posting to the list.

Please also, before posting basic questions, do a quick search of the
archives (at the same page) to see if there are answers there.  If not, or
you are not satisfied with the answers, then by all means post your question
to the
list.

If you post an article to BEE-L and your article did not appear on the list
within 24 hours, you will also find information there on what might have
happened. There are more possibilities than simple rejection by moderators.

allen