From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 14:01:05 -0500
> Hydroponic greenhouses rarely use honey bees I suspect

There are many of us who have successfully deployed honeybees in greenhouse
settings.  I got hints from Jim Bob, current Chairman of EAS.

> thinking potatoes, leeks, onions, peas, carrots

Those crops need more soil than would be prudent for many rooftops.

> the UK's Pollinator Strategy document
> specifically commits public money...

I agree that tax dollars would be better spent buying tools and supplies for
researchers.
The UK seems to consistently lack perspective, hence the "fad" of beekeeping
by shopkeepers, the greenwashing efforts of corporations who think that a
few beehives on the roof of their London corporate HQ makes up for their
destruction of the environment elsewhere, and the apparently open
pursestrings of elected officials attempting to pander to the "green"
constituency.