From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2006 19:40:33 +1200
The design of cam that I've used is quite thin, so it doesn't
interfere with the wiring. I've seen a heap of other designs - at
the most simple, just blocks or nails positioned so you can squeeze
the frame into them. I'd say the flex is about 10mm for a full depth
frame - it doesn't need much, as have pulled reasonably tight as you
were putting the wire through, and you are flexing the wires with one
hand while you continue to pull (often wearing a glove) with the
other, then wrap the end around the tack to bang it home, and back
and forth a few times to break off the wire. Release the cam, hold
the frame to your ear and twang it to get that pleasant sound of a
well-wired frame! 'Struth - one of the most boring jobs in the
beekeeping world!

I have a page with description - but seem to have lost the images.
If I can find them, I'll post the URL.

Nick Wallingford
New Zealand