From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:06:08 -0700
Jim said: > OK, semantics again - the last refuge of a man with his back to
the wall.  :)
Hardly semantics, a very important point.  Every section of that graph has
exactly the same curve--just depends upon the scale you use on the Y axis.
Mite treatment can be effective at any point, and gets more bang for the
buck earlier.

But I can see I waste my time.  My back's hardly to the wall--in fact it's
sore from lifting all the honey that my chemical-free colonies are making.
I'm too busy splitting those healthy colonies, and signing almond contracts
for colonies that will fetch a premium price in February.  I won't be
complaining about winter losses, and don't need to contaminate my combs with
any synthetic miticides.  Jim, you're absolutely right!  People should read
my carefully researched articles, and detailed testing results for amusement
only.

For those who choose to ignore this advice, I'll have articles on the
subject of vitellogenin,  how it explains protein dynamics in the colony,
and how this information can be used to make cost-effective feeding choices,
appearing in the two bee magazines beginning in August.  Again, use any of
this information at your own risk!  : )

Randy Oliver