Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:00:37 -0900
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Randy,

I have a great set of pictures that I just took at the University of Zagreb.  I would be happy to burn you a copy and send when I get to a place in the States where I can get it to you.  Also, the latest study in Europe that I am aware of and a part of finds that the PH of the honey bee changes with Nosema.  We have tested with NOZEVIT and found that it corrects the PH imbalance which allows the inner intestinal tract to regain it's elasticity and therefore inhibiting the Nosema from joining or "impaling" the inner wall.  After just a short period the Nosema starts passing through the Honey Bee and the spore count drops precipitously.  

We treated the second time 10 days later and found an amazing difference in spore count.  We are hesitant to claim"therapeutic" results.  Our tests and on going test show in the field and in the lab an extremely effective and different approach to the Nosema situation.  

Field results in Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, and Austria show identical results.  We have beekeepers suffering substantial,(up to 100%) never before realized losses in these countries, while those using NOZEVIT - in close proximity to those previously mentioned  - are seeing little to no winter losses as of this week.  

These studies mirror the previous studies conducted by a private chemical company that has since passed from the scene because of the Bosnian war.  

As a side note; the largest producer of 100% wax foundation in that part of Europe produces only 4.9 foundation. Also, he produces about 46 different sizes!  The only standard is the cell size.  He would love to have only three foundation sizes!  The most popular size is the AZ, pronounced ah-zhey.

I appreciate your ongoing studies.

Dr. Joe Carson
EKO Beekeeping Source
"Your ecological source for innovative beekeeping supplies."

* General Information About BEE-L is available at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm   *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2